Antennae for droplets of received wisdom

Thursday, November 10, 2011

On Religion

“I have learned ao much from God that I can no longer call myself a Christian, a Hindu, a Muslim, a Buddhist, a Jew.”

“The great religions are the ships, poets the life boats. Every sane person I know has jumped overboard.” ~ HAFIZ

~

“Nothing has ever been said about God that hasn’t already been said better by the wind in the pine trees.” ~ THOMAS MERTON

~

“Love the earth and sun and animals,
Despise riches, give alms to everyone that asks,
Stand up for the stupid and crazy,
Devote your income and labor to others…
Re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book;
Dismiss whatever insults your own soul;
And your very flesh shall be a great poem.” ~ WALT WHITMAN

~

“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.” ~ ABRAHAM LINCOLN






Blog Archive