Antennae for droplets of received wisdom

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Forgiveness

". . . Without forgiveness, there can be no ripening of the soul, no authentic way of measuring our spiritual evolution. Therefore, forgiveness is indisputably our passport to divine greatness while we're still engrossed in the experience of our humanity."

"By refusing to forgive ourselves, or someone else, we inadvertently deny ourselves access to the highest sphere of happiness as well as the deepest levels of our essential spiritual nature. I honestly had to take some time to bask in the poignant appreciation of this celestial insight. For you see, I had really relished holding on to my grudges. Some of the best times I could remember were spent nursing my emotional wounds. Now, for the first time, I realized how harboring those grudges only bound my energies to the same people I resented. As a result, my life and theirs would be significantly intertwined until the day I made the decision to open my heart and forgive."

~ Dannion Brinkley, survivor of multiple lightning strikes and near death experiences, speaking on the "astounding beauty inherent in the act of forgiveness" during his second visit to the afterlife.

.

Blog Archive