Antennae for droplets of received wisdom

Wednesday, May 20, 2020


"Energy is such an interesting thing. It’s so powerful. We humans can’t see it with our eyes so we often ignore its existence. It was only when we started living with animals that I became aware of energy and how it affects the people and animals we live with.

Animals are very aware of energy. They have to be in order to stay alive.
If I try to interact with our donkeys and I’m thinking about something that makes me angry, or if I’m in a rush and walk towards them too fast, they can feel my energy. They react by running away. But if I stay present in the moment and think only of the love I have for these beautiful, sensitive animals, they come right up to me.


This lesson changed my life. I started seeing energy everywhere. It’s helped me to connect with our animals and care for them without having to come from a place of dominance.
It’s also helped me understand why a fight with anyone made me feel awful or why a negative comment from a stranger could hurt me. I was taking in that energy. I also became aware of how good energy can make me feel. I can feel the love from our animals when I stay present when I’m with them.


It’s changed my relationship with the people in my life as well. It’s also why I share our life with you all. I know how wonderful it feels to share what I’ve learned because it connects me with people who love what I love.


I know this may sound very “California Granola” to some of you, and that’s ok. All I ask is that you think about it for a moment next time you interact with a person or an animal in your life.


If you change the thoughts in your head, does it change how you two relate? Can you feel it?"



Blog Archive