Antennae for droplets of received wisdom

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Death

"Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there's a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see." - Helen Keller


 "It is worth dying to find out what life is." - T.S. Eliot


 "A man is not completely born until he is dead." - Benjamin Franklin


 "What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot


"In the light of the near-death experience, death is nothing more than the illusion of separateness and finality, and those who can believe in this vision of death, like near-death experiencers themselves, lose all fear of it, for how can you fear that which does not exist?" - Dr. Kenneth Ring


"To fear death is nothing other than to think oneself wise when one is not. For it is to think one knows what one does not know. No one knows whether death may not even turn out to be one of the greatest blessings of human beings. And yet people fear it as if they knew for certain it is the greatest evil." – Socrates



 "As each second passed there was more to learn, answers to questions, meanings and definitions, philosophies and reasons, histories, mysteries and so much more, all pouring into my mind. I remember thinking, 'I knew that, I know I did, where has it all been?'" - Virginia Rivers describing her near-death experience


"The "hell" that I experienced was the pain, anguish, hurt and anger that I had caused others, or that I suffered as a result of my actions/words to others. "Hell" was what I had created for myself and my own soul through turning my back on unconditional love, compassion and peace." - Tina, a near-death experiencer



No comments:

Blog Archive